Updates on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
January 31, 2018
- Kindergarten Registration: Come and learn with us! Kindergarten Registration begins in February at the TDSB.
- Save the date! Parents as Partners Conference: Join us for the FREE Parents as Partners Conference on Saturday, April 28. Whether your child is just beginning his or her educational journey or is closer to graduation and planning for the future, there will be informative and empowering sessions for parents/guardians and caregivers of students of all ages.
- Student Transportation Consultation: Are your children bussed to school? Help shape the future of student transportation. The Ministry of Education is consulting to find out how transportation services can be improved to better serve students, families and communities. Find out more about what’s being discussed and how you can participate in the consultation.
- Helping All Students Succeed: In case you missed it, read the Director of Education’s Response to the Enhancing Equity Task Force Report and proposed directions to improve achievement levels of all students and make sure no students are left behind.
- Director’s Annual Report: Read the TDSB’s 2017 Director’s Annual Report for a snapshot of the efforts underway in the TDSB in support of student achievement and well-being.
- Bell Let’s Talk Day: On January 31, the TDSB will be joining the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #BellLetsTalk to help dispel the stigma around mental health, and to help promote and raise awareness about TDSB Mental Health & Well-Being programs, services and supports.
- Winter Walk Day: Join in the fun on Wednesday, February 7 as we celebrate Winter Walk Dayat the TDSB and across Canada!
- February Heritage Months: In February, join us to recognize African Heritage Month and Chinese Heritage Month.
- Education Development Charges (EDCs) – The TDSB wants developer levies to help build and improve Toronto’s public schools. Learn more about EDCs, TDSB’s school repair backlogand read the new report on the state-of-repair of Ontario’s schools.
- Google Translate: The TDSB website now has Google Translate, an online translation service that makes information more accessible for our community.
- District and Local News: Stay informed about district-wide news through TDSB Update and connect with your Trustee for local information and events.