Updates on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
At the Toronto District School Board, there are 22 trustee wards, which are aligned with City of Toronto wards. In 2017, Toronto City Council created new City of Toronto wards. The TDSB was required to align school trustee wards with the new Council wards. As a result, while we will continue to have 22 trustees, some ward boundaries for school board trustees have changed.
Your school will fall within a different trustee ward for the upcoming election in October 2018. To learn more about the new trustee ward boundaries, click below. You will find a map of ward boundaries as well as a list of schools within each ward where you can search to find your school and new ward information.
- Excellence Awards: Do you know a staff member who goes above and beyond to support our students? Now is the time to honour that outstanding individual with an Excellence Award nomination. Deadline is March 19, 2018.
- Parents as Partners Conference: Registration opens on March 1 for the free, annual Parents as Partners Conference. Meet other parents, attend valuable workshops and find resources available in your community.
- Helping All Students Succeed: Trustees approved broad directions to enhance our support for each and every student in the TDSB. Learn how we’re moving forward to ensure that each and every student has the right tools, resources, access and opportunities they need to thrive.
- Education Development Charges (EDCs): The TDSB wants developer levies to help build and improve Toronto’s public schools. Learn more about EDCs, TDSB’s school repair backlog and how you can help.
- Greek Heritage Month: March is Greek Heritage Month in the TDSB. Learn more about how we’re recognizing this month.
- Kindergarten Registration: Come and learn with us! Kindergarten Registration begins in February at the TDSB.
- Save the date! Parents as Partners Conference: Join us for the FREE Parents as Partners Conference on Saturday, April 28. Whether your child is just beginning his or her educational journey or is closer to graduation and planning for the future, there will be informative and empowering sessions for parents/guardians and caregivers of students of all ages.
- Student Transportation Consultation: Are your children bussed to school? Help shape the future of student transportation. The Ministry of Education is consulting to find out how transportation services can be improved to better serve students, families and communities. Find out more about what’s being discussed and how you can participate in the consultation.
- Helping All Students Succeed: In case you missed it, read the Director of Education’s Response to the Enhancing Equity Task Force Report and proposed directions to improve achievement levels of all students and make sure no students are left behind.
- Director’s Annual Report: Read the TDSB’s 2017 Director’s Annual Report for a snapshot of the efforts underway in the TDSB in support of student achievement and well-being.
- Bell Let’s Talk Day: On January 31, the TDSB will be joining the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #BellLetsTalk to help dispel the stigma around mental health, and to help promote and raise awareness about TDSB Mental Health & Well-Being programs, services and supports.
- Winter Walk Day: Join in the fun on Wednesday, February 7 as we celebrate Winter Walk Dayat the TDSB and across Canada!
- February Heritage Months: In February, join us to recognize African Heritage Month and Chinese Heritage Month.
- Education Development Charges (EDCs) – The TDSB wants developer levies to help build and improve Toronto’s public schools. Learn more about EDCs, TDSB’s school repair backlogand read the new report on the state-of-repair of Ontario’s schools.
- Google Translate: The TDSB website now has Google Translate, an online translation service that makes information more accessible for our community.
- District and Local News: Stay informed about district-wide news through TDSB Update and connect with your Trustee for local information and events.